Tuesday, November 15, 2011

meet Mecca



Every since we brought home our sweet white pit mix Stevie, we've talked about getting her a companion dog.  Specifically, we wanted a black pit mix for a friend.  This weekend, we found our girl: a 1 and a half year old pit/lab mix named Mecca.



We went back and forth for months about wether or not it would be too much to have another dog right now.   So far, the two girls have actually helped me to have more of a routine for the day.  My rhythm is depicted by their walks, and Sly's naps.  They are rowdy playmates and excellent snuggle-buddies.  





 Having a second dog has also pushed us to be a better leader to Stevie.  I've been watching a lot of Ceasar Millan and practicing his techniques.  That plus a phone call to our dog trainer for some tips, and Mecca and I have made amazing progress with "the walk".  I want someone to take a video of me walking my two pit-mixes, right by my side, with my baby strapped on me too.  It is quite a sight!  Papa Bear on the other hand has been doing lots of this:


Most importantly, we are all learning, and having lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a creative exploration for a busy mama. I appreciate your comments so much, and look forward to reading them all. Your thoughts, questions and expressions inspire me and help me to keep learning. I read all comments and will respond as soon as possible to any questions.

Thank you for stopping by, and please visit again soon~ lis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...