Saturday, November 26, 2011

thanks giving: for rest

This past week was F U L L!  Planning, Preparing, Making, Entertaining, Enjoying.  It was a blast, and I am grateful for the chance to celebrate holidays at home, instead of traveling.  However, when I woke up on Friday and took the dog's for a brisk, quiet walk I realized a new love: the day after a holiday.  This day can feel eerily quiet and calm after the excitement of family, friends and feasting.  But I like it.  Especially when the holiday falls on Thursday, like Thanksgiving, because then we get an extra long weekend to (hopefully) rest.

I'm giving thanks for sunny, not-too-cold, late November days...
for not cooking, and eating lots of leftovers...
for quiet, contemplation, and a pause before the next round of celebrating begins...
for watching a movie...
for early, dark nights...

I've enjoyed this written, posted practice of gratitude.  I've been writing little, scrap, "thanks" notes whenever I think of something I'm especially thankful for.  Thanks for listening, er, reading.  I'm grateful for each of you, friends and readers.  Really, I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a creative exploration for a busy mama. I appreciate your comments so much, and look forward to reading them all. Your thoughts, questions and expressions inspire me and help me to keep learning. I read all comments and will respond as soon as possible to any questions.

Thank you for stopping by, and please visit again soon~ lis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...